Natural & Alternative Osteoporosis Treatments
Chances are you’ve been diagnosed with osteoporosis and are looking for a natural osteoporosis treatment alternative to bisphosphonate drugs or are taking a proactive approach to your bone health.
Fortunately, there’s hope. Several studies have shown a natural treatment for osteoporosis does exist. But first…
What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis, “porous bones”, is a disease that causes bones to become fragile and brittle and very susceptible to fractures. These fractures, occur typically in the hip, spine, and wrist.
A fracture or broken bone can have a huge effect on your life, causing disability, pain, or loss of independence. Fractures can make it very difficult to do daily activities without help.
The best method to diagnose osteoporosis is a bone mineral density test, called a DEXA test. It is recommended to get a bone density test if:
- You’re a woman age 65 or older
- You’re 60 and at increased risk of osteoporosis – see our risk factors below
The results of your bone density test will give you a T-score. The T-score compares your bone density with that of an average healthy young adult of your sex. Below you will see how to interpret your T-score.
- Above -1 = Your bone density is considered normal
- Between -1 and -2.5 = Your score is a sign of osteopenia, a condition in which bone density is below normal and may lead to osteoporosis
- Below -2.5 = Your bone density indicates you have osteoporosis
Risk Factors of Osteoporosis
In the past osteoporosis was thought of as a women’s disease. Now we know that men also have to worry about weak bones and are at risk of osteoporosis.In fact, one in four men over the age of 50 will suffer a fracture caused by osteoporosis.
These factors can increase your chances of developing osteoporosis:
- Your Sex – Fractures from osteoporosis are about twice as common in women as they are in men.
- Age – Your bones become weaker as you age.
- Race – Caucasian and Southeast Asians have a greater risk of osteoporosis, Black and Hispanic men and women have a lower but still significant risk.
- Family History – Having a family member with osteoporosis puts you at greater risk as osteoporosis is genetic.
- Body Size – Individuals who are thin or have small body frames have a higher risk because they have less bone mass.
- Smoking – Research has shown that tobacco use contributes to weak bones.
- Breast Cancer – Women who have had breast cancer are at increased risk of osteoporosis, especially if they were treated with chemotherapy
- Diet – A diet lacking in calcium plays a major role in the development of osteoporosis.
- Lack of Exercise – Exercise throughout life is important, but you can increase your bone density at any age.
- Alcohol Abuse – Long term alcohol abuse reduces bone formation and interferes with the body’s ability to absorb calcium.
Osteoporosis Prevention – Adequate Amounts of Minerals and Exercise
It is never too late, or too early to treat or prevent osteoporosis. Building strong bones when you are young is the best defense against getting osteoporosis later on in life. To improve your bone health use the following advice:
1. Calcium and Osteoporosis
The best way to treat and prevent osteoporosis is to get adequate amounts of calcium along with magnesium, trace minerals, vitamins D3 and vitamin K2 in your diet. Osteoporosis is not only due to insufficient daily calcium intake but rather because we do not get sufficient amounts of bone building nutrients in our diet.
We recommend getting as much calcium from foods in your diet as possible, and then make up the shortfall using a calcium supplement with the proper bone building ingredients included in the formula.
Here is the recommended amounts of calcium you need each day :
|Ages||Milligrams per Day|
|51 and older||1200|
For More Calcium Info
|Calcium and Calcium Deficiency||Calcium and Weight Loss|
|Calcium Benefits||List of Calcium Rich Foods|
|Calcium and Osteoporosis||Calcium Absorption|
2. Vitamin D and Osteoporosis
To help your body absorb calcium It is also important to get enough vitamin D. You can get vitamin D through sunlight and foods. You need 10-15 minutes of sunlight to the hands, arms, and face, two to three times a week to get enough vitamin D. Recent studies show you need much more vitamin D than was previously recommended.
For More Vitamin D Info
3. Magnesium and Osteoporosis
Magnesium and calcium work together to keep calcium in your bones and out of your soft tissues. It is always best to get minerals from your diet by eating legumes, and vegetables (especially dark-green, leafy vegetables with chlorophyll).
For More Magnesium Info
4. Vitamin K2 and Osteoporosis
There are many recent studies finding vitamin K2 to be very important for healthy bones. Vitamin K is not made naturally by the body so it must come from your diet.
Learn more about Vitamin K.
5. Exercise and Osteoporosis
Exercise helps your bones in many ways :
- Slows bone loss
- Improves muscle strength
- Helps limit bone-damaging falls
Weight-bearing exercise, which is any activity in which your body works against gravity. Here are some examples: walking, dancing, running, climbing stairs, gardening, doing yoga, tai chi, hiking, playing tennis, or lifting weights ― it all helps!
Natural Osteoporosis Treatments with AlgaeCal
The AlgaeCal Bone Health Program is a natural osteoporosis treatment that combines all of the above advice.This natural osteoporosis treatment consists of AlgaeCal Plus, Strontium Boost and weight bearing exercise.
AlgaeCal Plus is the world’s only plant source calcium and It also includes magnesium, trace minerals, vitamin D3 and vitamin k2. Strontium Boost is a supplement consisting of strontium citrate, learn more about strontium, a powerful bone building mineral.
AlgaeCal Plus and Strontium Boost are currently being clinically studied with excellent results in treating osteoporosis. Learn more about this natural osteoporosis treatment called the AlgaeCal Bone Health Program.
“After using Algaecal…my last Dexa scan showed a 9% bone density increase.”
Watch George Smith tell his amazing story of recovery.
Osteoporosis Treatment Breakthrough!
The Only Calcium Supplement Guaranteed to INCREASE Bone Density in 6 Months…Or Double Your Money Back
Stop wasting money on traditional calcium supplements that only SLOW your annual bone loss!