This site is owned and operated by AlgaeCal Inc. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At www.AlgaeCal.com, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information www.algaecal.com Gathers and Tracks
www.AlgaeCal.com gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys:
- Information www.AlgaeCal.com gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because www.AlgaeCal.com derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does www.AlgaeCal.com divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
www.AlgaeCal.com Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic Newsletters Policy (Dispatches)
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. www.AlgaeCal.com gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. “E-mail this to a friend” policy
Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. www.AlgaeCal.com may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
www.AlgaeCal.com may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
6. Usage Tracking
www.AlgaeCal.com tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. www.AlgaeCal.com does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
www.AlgaeCal.com sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
8. Use of Informaition
www.AlgaeCal.com uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. www.AlgaeCal.com never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
www.AlgaeCal.com creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We use third-party companies to help us serve targeted product recommendations. These companies may use data about you in order to provide recommendations for products and services that might be of interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org
9. Sharing of The Information
www.AlgaeCal.com uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
www.AlgaeCal.com operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
11. Opt-Out Policy
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
12. Your Consent
The informational materials on www.algaecal.com are provided “as is” and without warranties.
Before using this website, you must agree to the following terms. Don’t use our website if you disagree with any of the following terms. Use of this website, or participation in any activities mentioned, means that you agree to be legally bound by these terms.
- The website’s content is not a substitute for professional medical care. None of the information (including products and services) mentioned at www.algaecal.com should be used without clearance from your physician or health care provider. We are not medical professionals.
- There may be risks associated with participating in activities mentioned on www.algaecal.com for people in poor health or with pre-existing physical or mental health conditions. If you choose to participate, you do so of your own free will and assume all risks associated with such activities.
- Facts and information are believed to be accurate at the time they were placed in www.algaecal.com. All data provided in this website is to be used for information purposes only. Products and services described are only offered in jurisdictions where they may be legally offered.
- You agree to hold www.algaecal.com, its owners, and employees harmless from all liability for damage claims due to injuries, including attorney fees and costs, incurred by you, arising out of any information or products discussed on this website.
- Testimonials, case studies, and examples found at www.algaecal.com have been sent to us by users of AlgaeCal. Every person has unique experiences, varying lifestyle habits, and chooses to use the information in a different way. Thus, the experiences from testimonials may not reflect the typical purchaser’s experience and are not intended to guarantee that anyone will achieve the same results.
If you have any questions about these disclaimers or about case studies and/or testimonials found at www.algaecal.com, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the content of this page can change without prior notice.
This Health Disclaimers were last updated on 01-26-2017.