How to Make Movie-Worthy Kale Chips
We all have those moments when those salty potato chips look oh-so-tempting and weakness starts to take over. I’ll admit that I’ve given in to those moments multiple times, until recently.
These delicious kale chips will help satisfy your snack cravings, and have the added benefit of filling your body with the fibre and micronutrients it needs.
Try them for your next movie night!
Simple and Delicious Kale Chips
- 1 kale bunch (we used curly kale, shown above. However, you can use lacinato, or redbor kale as well)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional: get creative and add different spices like cumin or red pepper flakes. For vegans- nutritional yeast is a good cheese substitute
- Preheat your over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Thoroughly rinse and dry kale
- Cut the stems off the kale
- Chop into large, chip sized pieces
- Put into a bowl and toss with extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon, other spices of your choosing and salt and pepper
- Place on a tray and bake for 15 minutes
- Take out and flip the kale chips to bake the other side
(*Check on the kale often when baking so it doesn’t burn. Every oven is different and yours could be done sooner!)
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until crisp
- Take out and let cool, then enjoy!
Have you made kale chips before? Tell us your favorite additions your tried and tested recipes below!