Bone Healthy Recipe: Vanilla Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are high in dietary fibre, calcium, phosphorous and are the best plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acids on the planet! Chia seeds expand when they are placed in liquid and take on a gel-like quality. Some people compare the texture of chia pudding to tapioca. Enjoy this as a breakfast option, snack or even dessert!
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 60 + minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1.5 cups milk (alternative: coconut, almond or organic soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops of honey or agave nectar to sweeten
- Add ons: fresh berries, nuts and seeds
- Place chia seeds, vanilla extract and milk in a jar with a lid
- Shake well to mix all the ingredients together
- Place jar in the fridge for at least 1 hour * an easy trick is to make this before bed and leave overnight
- Finally, add your berries, nuts, seeds and chosen sweetener to complete your pudding!
- Enjoy for breakfast or as a snack