How To Make Anti-Inflammatory Ginger and Turmeric Gummies
Turmeric has been used for thousands of years, particularly in Asia, as a textile dye, healing remedy and as a condiment. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and a natural pain reliever.
Turmeric is a root from the longa plant and has dark brown skin on the outside, but on the inside, it is bright orange! (see picture below). Its special active agent is known as curcumin, which has been shown to possess all these powerful health benefits.
Ginger on the other hand, shares similar benefits: it is an anti-inflammatory and has been shown in studies to help reduce pain in people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. But it’s also been used for gastrointestinal issues (such as indigestion) as it is able to sooth the intestinal tract.
These two ingredients may seem hard to find, but you can buy both turmeric and ginger root (or powder) at your local health food stores. These two roots boast so many health benefits, they are on our list of the Top 5 Effective and Natural Remedies for Inflammation. Try our ginger turmeric gummies recipe below and let us know what you think!
Anti-Inflammatory Ginger Turmeric Gummies
Makes: 18 gummies in the following molds
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 cup nondairy milk (almond or coconut taste great!)
- 2 packets of Knox gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of honey (organic and local preferred)
- Using a microplane, grate the turmeric and ginger. Add them to a sauce pan with your milk of choice. Stir and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Using a small slotted strainer strain the milk. Put the strained milk back into the pot and set on stove. Sprinkle two packets of gelatin on top of the milk and allow time for the gelatin to bloom. Once gelatin has bloomed turn heat on to medium and stir until gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add two tablespoons of honey (or desired sweetness). Stir well and pour into your favorite mold!
- Refrigerate (about two hours) until firm.
- Pop gummies out of their molds and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Download our Free Recipes for Stronger Bones Ebook – with bone-healthy and anti-inflammatory recipes, just like these ginger turmeric gummies!
Looking for Fresh
New Smoothie Ideas?
Get your FREE eBook featuring healthy, tasty
and easy to make smoothies + extra bonuses!