Summer may be over, but there’s one very tasty reason to be excited about Fall…
It’s soup season!
For me, nothing beats coming home from a walk through the beautiful changing leaves and crisp Fall weather to a bowl of delicious, homemade soup. So today I want to share my all-time favorite soup recipe to help you keep the chill at bay– white bean, spinach, and parmesan soup!
I adore this recipe. It only takes 10 minutes to make, you can easily make enough to feed your whole family (or for a few day’s worth for you and your partner), and it’ll warm you to the bones.
And speaking of bones, this soup contains some bone health superstars too!
Spinach is a great source of calcium. Plus, spinach provides a little vitamin K, magnesium, and potassium too. All nutrients that support healthy bones! Now, you may have heard that spinach inhibits calcium absorption. But this is a common misconception that just isn’t true. And as for white beans, they’re a great source of calcium in their own right. And they provide some much-needed protein and fiber too.
So, this soup tastes amazing, AND it provides a little bonus bone health kick… So what are we waiting for?
|Total Time||10 minutes|
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes. You’re looking for your onion to become translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, dried Italian herbs, salt, and pepper and saute for 2 more minutes, or until the mix becomes fragrant– you’ll know when it happens, your kitchen will smell wonderful!
- Pour in the vegetable stock and the white cannellini beans and bring the mix to a boil.
- When your soup has reached boiling point, turn the heat down to a low level and simmer for another 2 minutes or so.
- Then add the baby spinach and ¾ of the parmesan, and give your soup a good stir.
- When the spinach has wilted, you’re ready to serve! Sprinkle the rest of your parmesan cheese over your soup and enjoy!
To make this soup recipe vegan, all you need to do is leave the parmesan cheese out.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs dried
- 1 can tomatoes diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated (save 1/4 cup on top when you serve)
- 3 cans white cannellini beans
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Warm Soup Takeaways
Doesn’t the thought of nestling down by the fireplace with a bowl of this white bean, spinach, and parmesan soup make the colder weather of Fall and Winter seem more enticing already?
I’d love to know how your soup turns out, so please let me know in the comments section below.
I’m always on the lookout for new recipes to warm me up in the colder months too! Do you have any soul-warming soup recipes to share? Maybe you like chunky, hearty soups like this one, or perhaps you’re more of a smooth soup kind of person? I’m all ears, so please feel free to share your favorite recipes!