These light and delicious Vietnamese rolls are a great all-year round appetizer, especially in the summer! The combination of fresh vegetables and herbs as well as your choice of a protein, make these rolls simple and refreshing. The peanut dipping sauce in this recipe not only tastes good, but boasts fresh ginger, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
Did you know: 1/4 cup of peanuts contains 35% of your Daily Value of manganese, which aids in calcium absorption.
Yield: 8 rolls
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup cooked vermicelli
- 6-8 rice paper sheets
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic avocado
- 1/3 organic cucumber
- 1 cup organic basil
- 5-8 organic kale leaves
- 1/2 organic red pepper, sliced
* Can add cooked wild shrimp or organic grass-fed chicken
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. each of tamari, maple syrup, and lime juice Chili powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- Blend or mix together all the ingredients until smooth. To bring out more of the flavors saute the garlic and ginger first. Set aside in a bowl.
Summer Rainbow Rolls:
- Cut all the veggies into thin strips
- Dip your rice paper sheets in warm water so they soften and then arrange your fillings in the middle
- Fold over two ends, then wrap it, making it as tight as possible
- Serve with peanut sauce