- 1 large cup pitted dates ( about 140g or 5 oz)
- ¼ cup melted dark chocolate (about 60g or 2 oz)
- 1 cup almond pulp
- ¼ cup almond butter (I use my homemade nut butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pitted dates and melted chocolate in a food processor with an S blade.
- Process until a smooth paste forms.
- Add in almond pulp, nut butter and maple syrup and process until well combined. Scrape down sides of processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add baking soda and apple vinegar and process 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place a large tablespoon of cookie mixture onto parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges harden.
- Let cool at room temperature and enjoy!
- If using deglet noor dates that are very dry, you can soak them in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften them.
- You can use any nut butter you prefer, I have tried with peanut butter and it was delicious!
- My oven runs on the hotter side so cooking time may vary. I also rotate the cookie sheet as it bakes unevenly. The cookies tend to burn easily so keep a close eye on them especially the first time making them to adjust cooking times.
- I’ve brought these cookies multiple times to work and everyone is always amazed at how incredible they taste and that they don’t have any flour or eggs! Let me know if you try making these at home and how you like them!
- You can also add whatever nuts you like to this recipe: maybe almonds, macadamia or walnuts
Looking for Calcium Packed Recipes?
- 30 delicious recipes packed full of calcium and magnesium
- Instant access
- Ingredients you can find anywhere
Enter your name & email to download your FREE ebook