Spaghetti Squash with Ground TurkeyIngredients:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Ground Turkey (100 grams)
- Cheese (feta or mozzarella recommended)
- Fresh herbs (basil and thyme)
- 1 can spaghetti sauce (your favorite kind)
- 1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Using a spoon scoop out the seeds and insides and rub with a little olive oil. Poke a few holes in the skin and place face down on your baking rack.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about an hour. You can check it every 10 min after 45 minutes have passed. How can you tell when it’s ready? You’ll be able to easily poke through the skin of the squash with a fork.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and cook your turkey sausage and set aside.
- Once your spaghetti squash is ready, scoop out the squash and place a layer onto a baking pan (a glass pie pan works well, too).
- Then, using 1/2 of your sauce, mix the sauce and squash together. Next, add the sausage and layer with the second half of the spaghetti squash. Top with the rest of the sauce and add any fresh herbs (thyme, basil) you want then finish with a layer of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-45 min, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
Looking for Calcium Packed Recipes?
- 30 delicious recipes packed full of calcium and magnesium
- Instant access
- Ingredients you can find anywhere
Enter your name & email to download your FREE ebook