When I first made this recipe, all I could think was “WOW!”
It takes only 15 minutes to prepare yet looks amazing, tastes delicious, and is great for bone health! And I tend to have most of the ingredients already in my kitchen.
Speaking of potassium, both the cucumbers and avocado in this recipe pack another punch of potassium. And not only that, but magnesium and vitamin C too!
So why wait? Give your body a boost of calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C by trying our Green Gazpacho recipe today!
Green Gazpacho Soup
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Pumpkin seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil, drizzled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash produce and fresh herbs.
- Zest and juice lemon, chop the cucumbers, dill, scallions, and garlic. Set aside a few thin slices of cucumber for garnish, if you like.
- In a blender, combine yogurt, cucumber, basil, lemon zest & juice, avocado, dill, scallions, garlic, and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Or make it the evening before and chill overnight!
- When serving, top with thinly sliced cucumber, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt & pepper and top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
You can choose whichever toppings you like! Sprinkle on your favorite nuts and seeds, fresh herbs, fruits, or veggies. If you’re looking for an extra kick, a dash of chili powder or jalapeno slices work well. And if it’s a little bit too green for your liking, thinly sliced radishes or beets add a beautiful burst of color.
Bonus tip: Choose plain Greek yogurt when shopping. You’ll protect your bones from the harmful effects of sugar, and you can easily use the yogurt for recipes like this one! If you’re having yogurt as a snack or for breakfast, sweeten it with healthy toppings like fruit.
Green Gazpacho Soup Takeaways
It’s hard to find recipes that tick off all the boxes — quick, easy, fresh, delicious, versatile, and, of course, bone-healthy. But this Green Gazpacho recipe manages to do just that… all while looking beautiful!
I’ve made this at least five different ways now, and my husband and I have loved it every time! One time I even served it with salmon for some extra flavor, protein, and omega 3s. So feel free to get creative and have fun with this recipe!
And as always, I’d love to hear just how creative you got (or if you enjoyed our version as is) in the comments section below. 🙂