You don’t have to be a vegetarian to love these appetizers! These gluten-free quinoa bites are a great nutritious appetizer that can be made for a large gathering with friends, or a more quaint dinner with your loved one. The main ingredient, quinoa, was unfamiliar to many but the interest in quinoa has increased dramatically in recent years. Quinoa is a great source of the omega-3 fatty acids (which most commonly found in plants), vitamin E, protein, magnesium and phosphorous.  Most grains are considered to be inadequate protein sources – but not quinoa! Quinoa is a complete protein source that boasts many phytonutrients too!
Start cooking these tasty gluten-free quinoa bites today and let me know what you think!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Total Time||50 minutes|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the quinoa and two cups of water in a covered pot. Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (one heaping tablespoon each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan
- Serve warm with sauce for dipping.
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pizza sauce for dipping