Eggplants are prized for their vivid color, which can be purple, white or green as well their unique taste and texture. Eggplants also contain phytonutrients that improve blood circulation and nourish the brain. While this isn’t an ‘everyday’ vegetable for most people, the benefits of eggplant make it a great option from time to time. (1)
Eggplants contain phytonutrients that improve blood circulation and nourish the brain.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Total Time||1 hour|
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 medium eggplant (approximately 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs boneless skinless, sliced thin
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese sliced thin
- 1 jar marinara sauce (approximately 3 cups)
- 1/4 lb parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice eggplant.
- Line bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish with the chicken breast slices.
- Cover chicken with the eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over eggplant.
- Cover breadcrumbs with mozzarella cheese slices.
- Pour marinara sauce over cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Testing for ripeness: gently press the skin with your finger, if it springs back the eggplant is ripe!