Mike is AlgaeCal’s Editor in Chief, and was born in Toronto, Ontario. He is responsible for most of AlgaeCal’s writing material such as blog posts, and you might recognize his face from the AlgaeCal newsletters as well.
Outside of work, Mike pursues both sporting and creative pursuits. He enjoys beach volleyball, cycling hockey, baseball and snowboarding, but also uses digital technology to compose his own music; merging and stacking layers of instruments and vocals, one-by-one, to make a full band sound.
“Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” ~ Edward Stanley A recent Canadian study has found out that you may be able to strengthen your bones and cancel Read on! →
Someone may have pulled a trick on you. How so? If you bought and take a mainstream calcium tablet, it may be because the seller kept the most crucial detail from you – that it’s made from rock! But it Read on! →
In 2011 a study emerged that claimed taking calcium supplements can increase your risk of heart attacks. (1) So the headlines screamed…“Calcium Supplements Raise Heart Attack Risk 30%” An easy decision was to stop that habit as soon as you Read on! →
Many people are beginning to discover, and are intrigued by a new type of calcium supplement that is made entirely from plants. It is called AlgaeCal and it is the only plant calcium supplement on the market sourced from South Read on! →
A new massive study involving over 9000 people has found that women can reduce their risk of death by 22% – by simply taking a calcium supplement! Given the negligible cost and time it takes to swallow a calcium pill, Read on! →
It is very typical that most calcium supplements (that usually only have added vitamin D) often cause constipation – as well other gastrointestinal issues like bloating, gas, and cramps, or all of them! There’s a good chance that you have Read on! →
We receive several emails a week asking, “What are the causes of osteoporosis in women and men?” 1. Soda Consumption Soda drinks pack a one-two punch that can result in a bone brittle knock out! The first uppercut your bones Read on! →
Plant calcium is becoming increasingly popular thanks to Dr. Oz declaring to his audience of millions that he “adores” AlgaeCal Plant Calcium for it’s ability to prevent what he feels is the true leading cause of death, frailty, on his Read on! →
You’ve heard that osteoporosis is called the ‘silent killer’. But why is it? Because it sneaks up quietly without warning. It is a disease characterized by weak, thin, porous bones that makes fracture (and dire complications from it) highly likely. A combination of a poor diet and lack of exercise is generally the cause. Read on! →
Almost 99% of the mass of the human body is made up of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus. Magnesium is one of a select few minerals that make up the remaining 1%. It may seem insignificant, especially when Read on! →